Expert Roundtable: Edge-first for Digitalisation projects in Industrial Environments
Updated: Mar 9
Hosted on Thursday the 22nd of September, 14:00 GMT+1. Learn about the strategic and technical how-to for digitalisation projects in industrial environments of any scale.
Polestar wants to contribute to the acceleration of digitalisation projects in industrial companies through the installation of an out-of-the-box digital solution for OT environments, maintaining quality and de-risking tech adoption.
Some of the topics discussed:
The urgency of digital acceleration in the UK.
Basics of a digital infrastructure | Edge Computing & secure IIoT.
Agile methods of implementation, testing and scalability.
Rental models for testing.
Use cases and ROI of digital projects.
The panellists that attended this digital roundtable:
Roundtable Wrap Up
1: Strategic PoV on digitalisation
• UK manufacturing SMEs are lagging behind their European counterparts in terms of automation and digitalisation.
• There are plenty of business opportunities that can be untapped through adequate digitalisation projects to become more competitive.
2: Basics of infrastructure needed for digital projects
• Network Design and industrial-grade communications infrastructure are basics for a well planned and future-proof digital project.
• Edge-first initiatives are a great way to start the digitalisation of the factory floor and scale up.
3: The Field System & its use cases
• It grants access to edge analytics for better decision making and productivity.
• Is a first step towards IIoT & Cloud enablement.
4: Benefits of digitalisation for manufacturers
• Increased ability to see change in production processes
• Increased process stability = better quality, faster produce
• Tool life monitoring = downtime optimisation
• Machine reliability = downtime optimisation
• Reduction of Scrap and Waste = production cost centres reduced